Saturday, June 11, 2011

MDB - Day 5 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

From MDB,"a song that reminds you of someone":

30 Day Song Challenge - day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone. This song reminds me of someone from college when we were in college. Interestingly, it could apply to several people. But the guy it applies to is one I've long lost touch with, even in the FB age. I'll leave it that. Yes, I'm vague-booking.

They Might Be Giants - Whistling in the Dark



Some of the Facebook Comments:

Mark: Since we are of a similar age, TMBG reminds me of some college pals, too.
MDB: A brand new record for 1990, They Might Be Giants brand new album "Flood."
Kate: Okay, jumping in with a song reminding me of someone which could fit in with my #1 and #4, Alan Parsons Project "Time" - http://youtu.be/nvwrSdMY7dQ -- Looking at the Rules to the challenge I would be stumped by some of the 30 Days. Good luck!
Michael: Huh. I thought I might know who you were thinking of, but if I did know who you were thinking of, I don't get the connection. Which probably means that I don't know who you're thinking of, and that's OK, 'cause we're all being vague.
MDB: hat's ok, Mike. What Mark wrote above is really more appropriate. TMBG reminds me of several college pals. I never even heard of TMBG until I got to college, and I listened to a bunch of it when I got there. So, TMBG naturally makes me think of college and of those days.
Andrew: One of my favorites! So bizarrely good!

No comments: