Friday, December 4, 2015

Kiwanis, fried pickles and a Christmas Tree

Love synchronicity! After moving further east in Queens, with Christmas on the horizon, it was high time to retrieve my Christmas tree from my Jewish former neighbors' attic. My friend Dorothy offered to help and before she drove me and my tree to the new neighborhood we stopped at the Dog and Duck pub for a beer and Friday night supper. There were Sunnyside Kiwanis president Will Sadd and secretary Carol Masiello! Their fundraising  mixer was tonight though their email announcing it was not yet read (by me anyway). So dinner became a bit more expensive but it was fun AND I got to try the fried pickles special for half price. NYS Assemblymember Cathy Nolan stopped by and other nice folks too. The free mulled wine was sampled on the way out the door. It was a very festive evening! Tree and I are now safely in my "new" home and Little Christmas Eve is tomorrow! The holiday season has begun with tree, pickles, Kiwanis and friends!! Life is good!

No comments: